jueves, 11 de diciembre de 2014

In The land of Pisco... The tiny bottles of Pisco




Something that surprises me about my city is that when one goes to the liquor store, one can’t find tiny bottles of Pisco, or ”chatas” (Peruvian slang for “short”). There are these small bottles for rum! However, when asking the liquor store if there is demand for the small Pisco bottles, they tell me there is, that certain producers such as Quierolo, Vargas, De los Reyes, and others produce them, but their distribution is limited.

The Pisco “chata” costs no more than 5 to 7 soles, and allows us to differentiate between different qualities and types of Pisco. If these little bottles were designed to educate and inform, it would give access to those of us who think twice before buying a bottle that costs 19 soles or more. Every time I go to the store I see a bottle that is priced at 64 soles, and believe me, I always say: That sounds great! When I get enough money I’ll buy it. But year after year I still see the same bottle on the same shelf. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who would like to drink that Pisco!


When we talk about Pisco, we talk about a feeling of identity, of a Peruvian culture that brings something to the world. We should promote the consumption of Pisco, especially those sectors that are more economically limited.

I would like to offer my services of theater, puppets, miming to some Pisco company in exchange for their products. We will bring our spectacles to the Peruvian Community in Rio de Janeiro for Peruvian Independence Day in the II Metropolitan Encounter: The Mimes Live! Rio de Janeiro Lima July 2007. I would love to bring some of my Brazilian colleagues some Peruvian Pisco!

Cheers!

My proposal is up for grabs!

FERNANDO RAMOS GARCIA 
Experimental School for Mimes
tramos@terra.com.pe

Translated by Katrina Heimark

elpiscoesdelperu



No hay comentarios: